Wednesday, February 27, 2008

LET THERE BE SUN!!! - And there was!







Ahhhh, don't you just love Utah?!? Sweet snow one weekend and gorgeous sun the next! You just have to drive 5 hours and Tah Dah!!! Sunshine. We went to St. George for the weekend, and yes I did forget my camera and these pictures were taken with my cell phone. Don't ask questions, just read.... hahaha. I got wrangled into coaching a 14 and under girls softball team from Grantsville and this weekend was a tournament in St. George. Plus, Brandon had the weekend off, so he was more than willing to go to St. George and watch some softball, play with the kids and get some sun. The kids loved getting out their gloves and bats and playing catch. Luckily, Brandon has a friend that owns a condo in St. George and he was willing to let us stay there for free (THANKS JAMIE!), so the trip was relatively cheap. My girls team did okay. They won two and lost three games. This is the first time they have been on a field this winter, so when outfield did not hit their cut offs, and some of the girls didn't know where they were supposed to be on some defensive plays, I couldn't complain too loud. All-in-all, a high quality weekend for us! :)

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sounds like fun! However, we missed you at card night, but I would have loved to me in the WARM weather!

Shannon said...

laur that is awesome--that little team is lucky to have you! when are your games? do you ever play in happy valley?

JoHanna said...

oh how I wish I was in the land of the sun. I love being able to check on your Family! What a cute little blonde Laurie! Maddison looks Just like you and Brayden looks like his Dad!
Take Care,
JO