Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random Playground Accidents


Who would have thought you could do a Charlie Brown move in real life? It can be done! Today Brayden was playing soccer at recess and went to do a "big" kick and missed the ball. Feet went flying and he landed on his neck/shoulder. He was refusing to move and said his neck hurt, so the school called me and I got there to find him laying flat on his back with three or four teachers standing around him. Scared me to death. I thought it would be best to have the paramedics come and do an assessment on him to determine if we could move him or not. The paramedics said did not show any signs of spinal chord trauma. He had feeling in his hands and feet, could respond, and did not black out so I decided to take him to the hospital myself. We ended up at the instacare with a P.A. who diagnosed him with strained muscles in three different areas of his right shoulder and up his neck to the base of his head. The P.A. prescribed Motrin three times a day and icing it every hour. Brayden thought he should stay home from school today... naturally .... but it's okay, after all, he did get to have the ambulance come for him.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh! How crazy! I bet you were freaking out! I'm glad he is ok. PS, love that you have joined tje blogging world!!!!!!!! (thanks for finally giving in to my annoying persistance!!)

Shannon said...

YAY LAUR!!! Welcome to blogging...and as I suspected, you already have such awesome things to say (Charlie Brown analogy! :) Hope your boy is ok. :(

Vanessa said...

hellooooooooooooo! when the heck are we going to get some new info on this blog?

Vanessa said...

hi little brandon jr! how cute!