Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hunting Carnage 2007


Alright already Vanessa... geeeeeeeze.... so I tried to do two things in one weekend and it about killed me. I played in a softball tournament in St. George friday night and all day Saturday, drove to Ephriam saturday night, woke up Sunday morning at 5:30 a.m. and shot a deer in the leg. NICE!!! We walked and walked and walked until I had blisters on my heels looking for the massive two point. Finally we gave up and went back to camp (grandma peterson's house) and made chicken dumplings for everyone. We took the kids out with us sunday evening to the same spot where we last saw my wounded trophy buck and low and behold it jumped up from behind a tree and tried to make his get away again. This time I was able to make a kill shot and it took him a while to lay down; so poor Maddie was behind me in a little quiet voice saying "mommy, mommy, mommy". I was sooooooo tired Sunday night, and my feet hurt so bad I decided next year I need to choose between the annual Peterson family hunting weekend and softball. I don't know what I will choose. I know the picture looks scary with the gun right at Maddie's head, but if you look closely you will notice that she is quite a ways behind me, and of course, there is no bullet in the chamber and gun is on safety. I took Hunters Safety at Snow College thank you very much :)

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good job!!!! He is a monster buck! Sounds like a fun trip. Did you just get back today? Your little buddy looks happy! ps, will you email me your new address? Thanks for the b.day gift!

tamiz said...

Hey, it's Tami (your cousin). Glad you're blogging. Thought I'd give you my blog too. www.tamicaleb.blogspot.com Good to hear from you.