Thursday, November 13, 2008

PHENOMENON

Definition: 1. Observable fact or event. 2. Prodigy
Behold the 2008 Grantsville Black Gremlins. Ute Conference Eastern Continental League Champs! (In other words... shutout every team they played this year, went as far as was possible in the league)

Want a sampling of what it felt like to be an Alta Hawk in the championship game?


It was like that all year long. Our X-men were in the backfield, our running backs marched it down the field with authority and our wide receivers made high percentage catches.

You can't dispute the facts/stats:

21 Grantsville vs. Alta 0

39 Grantsville vs. Riverton 0

40 Grantsville vs. Copperhills 0

55 Grantsvillle vs. Cyprus 0

48 Grantsville vs. Brighton 0

18 Grantsville vs. Bingham 0

35 Grantsville vs. Jordan 0

35 Grantsville vs. Olympus 0

45 Grantsville vs. Woods Cross 0

35 Grantsville vs. Olympus 0 (Playoff game)

35 Grantsville vs. Alta 0 (Championship game)

Points for=400 Points Against=0

Please observe all the great offensive line blocking, #66 in particular, as evidence of the reason why we were able to score often and regularly. It's a beautiful thing!

Four against two? Never a good thing (#3 is carrying the ball)



It's so sad that the season is over!!! When I washed his uniform for the last time I thought about what it will feel like in 8 short years when he plays his final high school football game. How depressed will I be then? Saying that these boys had an awesome year is an understatement. Especially when you think back to the fact that last year they only won 1 game and got shut out more than a couple of times. Of the 14 on the team this year, 8 were returning players from last year. We gained two great running backs from a different team, but these boys really turned this year around and worked hard to put up the numbers they did. I hope Brayden remembers it for a lifetime.

3 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

Wow what a fun year! I hope he enjoyed it as much as it sounds like you did! Your kids are really growing up!

JoHanna said...

Way to go Brayden I think the walker is comming out in you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The boys did great and I am glad that I got to be there to see nearly every game and witness the phenomenon! Grantsville Cowboys ROCK!!!