The night that it happened I couldn't sleep at all. I had to write down everything that was going through my head. Here is some of what I wrote:
He was one of the greatest men I knew. He didn't say I love you out loud very often but we knew it by the attention he gave us. I am honored to be accused of being his favorite. And it was a compliment when someone would say I was daddy's little girl. Most recently I am especially grateful for the priesthood responsibilities that he performed on mine and my children's behalf. He was key in the molding and forming of the person I am today. He had a profound and positive affect on my life. I love him. My dad taught me how to ride a bike, play softball and drive a stick shift. He gave me away at my wedding. All the things that a girls needs from her dad. Two things I know for sure.
1. Accidents = no answers
2. Tickles, spinnies, pokes, wet willies = LOVE.





6 comments:
The picture made me cry too. Love and miss that smile
I am so sorry Laur!
I am with you on not believing he is gone.... I find myself having to check back into reality and accept that I will not get to see him until Heaven, Your Dad was truly one of a kind, I think that is why it hurts so bad.
I am so sorry.. That has been something that has bothered me since my dad died also. My little one will not even know him at all. I tell him about him and talk to him about him but it isn't the same. You need to keep posting and expressing your feelings I did and I look back at them know and read them and I tear up but it gives me a little joy.. Tell your kids all the stories about him, and the good times and the bad times. They will love it.. I am so sorry again and wish there was something I could do to make it easier.
That is beautiful Laur! He was just as lucky to call you his daughter.
Just read through your posts on your dad and your broken heart.
My dad passed away last June.
And even though, it was peaceful and even though I was 44 years old and even though he was in his 70's it still hurts the heart.
Do the tears ever stop?
Not completely, but they will lessen, give it time.
In the meantime go ahead and cry and go ahead and post your thoughts...they are tender right now and i think it's helpful.
here's something to add to your ='s (which by the way, i loved)....
much love = a lot of tears.
take care.
btw- your concerned friend vanessa sent me your way.
Post a Comment