In case you didn't know, Maddie is 8 years old. For some reason, she has been enjoying laying on my bed, watching TV in the afternoons while I work. Yesterday I found this little beautiful piece of artwork in her bedroom on the floor. 
I said "Maddie, what are you doing with these? Where did you get these? These are mom's personal items." She looked at me with her big doe eyes and said "What's the big deal? I found them in your bathroom and wanted to make something." So I preceded to tell her that they are something private for teenagers and women and they go in your underwear.
She had way too many questions and I was not about ready to take away her innocence. It was hard enough having "the talk" with my 11 year old son a few months ago. Not about to do that to Maddie. (I don't care what you say Keysha and Angie! J/K! Love you guys.)

I said "Maddie, what are you doing with these? Where did you get these? These are mom's personal items." She looked at me with her big doe eyes and said "What's the big deal? I found them in your bathroom and wanted to make something." So I preceded to tell her that they are something private for teenagers and women and they go in your underwear.
She had way too many questions and I was not about ready to take away her innocence. It was hard enough having "the talk" with my 11 year old son a few months ago. Not about to do that to Maddie. (I don't care what you say Keysha and Angie! J/K! Love you guys.)**FYI - I'm thinking about cleaning out the bottom drawer of my nightstand and storing the items in Brandon's gun safe in the bedroom closet. Who knows what kind of sculpture she would make with that stuff! YIKES!!

3 comments:
Agreed. You better lock that stuff up.
Before you know it she'll be popping the tampons out and playing tug boat! :) haha
I love that you are back blogging. We miss you here in Lehi! Hope that you and your cute family are well!
Post a Comment