Thursday, October 2, 2008

Top Ten Thursday

Okay Okay so it's really supposed to be "Top Ten Tuesday's" but as usual I am behind the curve. So here are my top ten reason I am so happy that it's fall. (in random order of course)
1. Football!!!! This is hard to admit, but I almost love watching Brayden play football as much as I love watching him play baseball. I know, I know, yes that did really just come out of my mouth. He is so cute and big and strong. He is understanding how to play his lineman position better and so he is really having fun "smashing" the other team.

2. Brandon is helping coach his team this year. And boys and girls, this is something special because I have been begging Brandon for years to volunteer/help coach Brayden's athletic teams, but he just wouldn't do it. This year some people got to know him and wrangled him into it so I just can't be happy enough about it.

3. It's not so freakin' hot outside that I can't load a wheelbarrow of dirt without sweating a gallon. It's actually kind of nice working outside.

4. Labor day is the last day that the local pool was open, so like Vanessa, I am so glad not to be donning a bathing suit and having all the little teenager softball players I coach make fun of me at the pool.


5. School is back in session. As much as I hate sending them to be bullied, put down, and made to feel less than important, I can't deny the benefits it gives them also. Maddie gets to be a little social butterfly and listening to her learn to read is amazing. Brayden gets to play football three times a day with his friends and can't get enough of his science class.

6. Did I mention football? Brayden's team is 6-0 on the season so far and looking to upset their rival this Saturday... BINGHAM, who is also 6-0. Want more stats? Brayden's team has shut out every team they have played in their league. Bingham: 0 points scored against them. Grantsville has averaged 45 points a game. Bingham: 23. I ask you friends, who will be the winner this Saturday? Stay tuned!
(It's hard to see, but Brayden is #66. Far left lineman)

7. Halloween decorations!! I love the holidays because it actually looks like I have a decorated home.

8. All the beautiful scenery of the leaves changing colors! Can't get enough of that.

9. Halloween softball tourney in St. George. This is one of the only weekends I actually get away from the hubby and kids and do something just for myself.

10. The grass in the front yard is finally in!!! Oh my goodness what a back breaker that was!!! I thought I was going to fall over dead when the last piece was placed.

(It doesn't look like much sod, but there is twice as much in the backyard. More to come on my adventures in sodding.)

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yay for new sod! Your yard looks great!

Anonymous said...

GO COWBOYS!!!! Love watching Brayden play, even if we do get soaking wet from head to toe.

Ashley Smith said...

Doesn't some green grass make all the difference? If it makes you feel any better, I've been slaving away in the backyard myself. I consider it an awesome workout. Your cousin, Ashley!