Friday, March 28, 2008

WARNING!?! CONTAINS RELIGIOUS CONTENT!?!

Do I really need to put a warning label on my post? I guess not.

I am so proud of Brayden and happy for the choices he is making. We have been taking the missionary discussions for the past couple of months or so. At the first of March the missionaries told Brayden that they had fasted and prayed on his behalf and felt like the 15th of March was when he should be baptized. Brayden was shocked and little overwhelmed and got really nervous, he said he wasn't planning on getting baptized until he was 10. But it must of got him thinking because when they came to see him again on the 14th, Brayden said he wanted to do "it" on the 22nd. Right after spring break and the day before Easter. He was really happy about that date and I was a little worried about getting the word out and making all the arrangements, but it all fell into place so easily that I was truly amazed and really only chalked it up to divine intervention after it was all over and I was napping on Easter afternoon. What a great week, and weekend we had. The kids were all into helping me clean the house and get the refreshments ready. Finally, the time came to go to the stake center and Brayden was all business with his little duffel bag with clean white underwear and towels in it. I only cried a little during my talk on baptism, my mom did great playing the piano, Jen's little Austin (almost 11 years old) giving a talk on the Holy Ghost, and Shery reluctantly giving the closing prayer. My dad, my lifesaver, baptized Brayden and confirmed him. He gave Brayden an awesome confirmation prayer that made me feel like Brayden has so much potential as a member of the church. I hope I can be what he needs me to be.
Many Thanks to my family for being here for me and my kids and for stepping up and making this very memorable for all of us. And thank you to Brandon's family also for being supportive. And thank you to Brandon, for making a baby named Brayden with me :)





Elder Kristola from Finland and Elder Bieber from Canada. Brayden's mentors. He thinks they are "so cool"!




Brayden showing off his new Cubbies tie. The big boy kind that you don't clip on. Apparently it is not cool to have a clip on after the age of 5. Poor guy has been wearing them for years. A close up of his CTR baseball tie tac too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vanessa said...

Congratulations Brayden!

Troy and Amanda said...

THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! Congratulations Brayden!!! Troy loves the tie, even if it had been a clip on he still would have loved it.
Congrats again.
Love Troy and Amanda

Jody said...

YEAH! Congratulations!

JoHanna said...

Congrats Brayden!
What a spacial day thanks for sharing it with us.
JoHanna

Shannon said...

this is so awesome, Laur! i'm so happy for all ya'll!

Palinista! said...

Laurie, that is awesome. I was touched at your "religous" contented post. The kids can be the biggest motivating factor, eh?

LaDawn Lingard said...

Ilove the pictures by the painting, looks cool. Hooray for Brayden!