I will admit that we hadn't been in our backyard for many weeks and when we did, there was either snow or big puddles. So we called our builder and within two days he had come out to our house with his CAT and compacted the dirt, filled it in and has made plans to re-pour the cement landing out the back door. This time with rebar securing it to the foundation. We will pay extra to have him pour a cement pad with rebar for the A/C unit, for that was not in our contract. But I think the money is worth it. I won't have to be all nerved up next year at this time. Here are some close ups of the damage.
Guess what else the spring thaw brought out? Oh yes, the beloved trampoline. The kids have not had their tramp for almost a year now. Maddie has been out on it every day since we put it up. Good times!!!

4 comments:
DUDE!!! That freaking sucks. Do you think it will keep happening? That is what you get for moving to the boonies.
What a bummer, hope he fixes it right! It makes you so mad when stuff like that happens, especially on your brand new home! We have some stucco issues we need to take care of! Not looking forward to that!
you could always buy a condo and then you would never own problems like that! :)
oh wow! I am so sorry I hate the problems you get with new houses. I always thought new homes had no problems until I built one. boy was I wrong. We do sell kids 4-wheelers but I dont know how cheep you are looking for.
JoHanna
Post a Comment