Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hunting-Guns and Kids

So if you will notice I have posted an opinion poll to the right to get anybodies input that visits my website. My son received a big new gun for Christmas. I would say that it is similar to a .22 in strength of firepower. He is only allowed to use it with close supervision from his dad. I think it is great that he and his dad are spending time together and sharing a hobby, but I think the gun was a little much a little too soon. The Red Ryder BB gun has been a good gun for Brayden for the past two years. Must we really upgrade? Is 9 yrs. old enough to really understand the power that a gun has? That it can take a human life? The picture below was taken the weekend of the 12th when Brandon, Brayden and some friends went to Gunnison. For those of you wondering, no, Brayden did not shoot any geese, he was more like the retriever Brandon has always wanted. ie.... he had to go pick up the dead geese in the field.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

After the 9 year old accidentally shot his uncle out here in Benjamin, I think it is a little young. I know the male hunting population would disagree, but as a mom, I vote no. Looks like he had fun though, glad they get to spend time together! See you next week!

Laurie P. said...

it's on the fifth right? so we'll see each other the next week? Just want to make sure I am not missing something :)

Vanessa said...

7th, sorry!

Shannon said...

Great updates, laur! um...sorry for all the incorrect emails but yes it's the 7th!!! see you then!!